This easy pancake recipe doesn’t require much thought early in the morning and the pancakes taste great!
This quick and easy pancake recipe puts the store-bought stuff to shame.
How to Make Easy Pancakes
You’ll find a detailed ingredient list and step-by-step instructions in the recipe below, but let’s go over the basics:
Easy Pancake Ingredients
You likely already have all the ingredients you’ll need to make this easy pancake recipe:
- Flour: This quick pancake recipe starts with a cup of all-purpose flour.
- Sugar: You’ll need two tablespoons of white sugar.
- Baking powder: Baking powder acts as a leavening agent, ensuring perfectly fluffy pancakes.
- Salt: Salt enhances the overall flavor of the pancakes, but it won’t make the pancakes taste salty.
- Milk and oil: Milk and oil add moisture and flavor to the pancake batter.
- Egg: A beaten egg lends more moisture and helps bind the batter together.
How Do You Make Easy Pancakes?
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make quick and easy pancakes at home:
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour or ladle the batter onto the oiled griddle or pan.
- Cook until bubbles form, flip, and cook on the other side.
What to Serve With Pancakes
Of course, maple syrup is the perfect topping for these easy pancakes. They also pair well with homemade whipped cream, blueberry compote, fresh fruit, and brunch classics such as scrambled eggs and bacon. For more delicious inspiration, explore our entire collection of Breakfast and Brunch Recipes.
How to Store and Freeze Pancakes
Store leftover easy pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week or freeze them for up to two months.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise
“This is my go-to recipe for pancakes,” says one Allrecipes community member. “I was out of pancake mix and used this recipe. Definitely better than store bought mix.”
“Really quick and easy to make,” according to another community member. “Perfect Saturday morning breakfast for me to make for my siblings!”
“I love how simple this recipe is,” raves Melissa Lopez. “The pancakes come out great every time. I add chocolate chips and my family loves it. You can’t go wrong with this recipe.”
Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, oil, and egg. Mix until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake; cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 4 Calories 247 % Daily Value * Total Fat 10g 12% Saturated Fat 2g 12% Cholesterol 51mg 17% Sodium 804mg 35% Total Carbohydrate 34g 12% Dietary Fiber 1g 3% Total Sugars 9g Protein 7g Vitamin C 0mg 1% Calcium 183mg 14% Iron 2mg 11% Potassium 142mg 3%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data.
Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.